The Importance of Leadership Training
The year is new, and everyone has made a list of goals to work towards to make 2019 their best year yet. For anyone working in a leadership capacity, their New Year goals should include leadership training. With every passing year, the workplace evolves as an ever-changing environment. New technologies, differing views on personal and organizational branding, culture shifts, and the rapid-fire growth seen in many industries have leaders struggling to keep up. Hence the shift toward leadership training programs.
Leadership training offers these benefits (and more) to any workplace environment:
- Develop strategies that give your team and business a competitive edge
- Attract, motivate, and retain employees who become loyal, hard-working assets to your business. 75% of people voluntarily leaving their jobs are said to leave due to ineffective leaders. By training your leadership team, a company can reduce recruitment costs and maintain a happier work environment.
- Increase productivity. Employees that feel valued, heard, appreciated, and understood tend to be more productive. Leaders who take the time to learn their team members unique skills and goals can better disperse work that gives employees a feeling of accomplishment, pride, and empower members to work to their best abilities, therefore increasing the overall productivity and positivity in the workplace.
- Nurture future leaders. Leadership training isn’t only for the new and current leaders in a workplace, but also can be beneficial for employees who express interest and skills tending to leadership positions. The sooner an organization can begin to foster these skills, the better prepared the future leaders will be when the right opportunity within the organization arises. Employees appreciate a clear pathway for their future and are more likely to stay loyal and engaged in a relationship with an employer/manager who makes their career goals a priority.
- Increasing employee engagement in a meaningful way can not only motivate team members, but also increase their skill level. A good leader will need to learn how to properly give effective feedback to their employees. This skill can make the difference between a stressful and peaceful work environment as employees of highly engaged managers report a greater sense of accomplishment and job happiness than their less-engaged peers.
- Learning leadership styles can help managers make better decisions and help ensure they are offering their teams the most effective leadership style for the industry they work in.
The benefits of leadership training become evident quickly in any work environment once the skills are implemented. Offering leadership training to all members of the workplace can result in developing and growing existing talent, increasing employee engagement to the betterment of the organization as a whole and make the company an employer of choice in their industry. Anytime a company invests in their employees and develops an atmosphere of learning for leadership, they will see an exponential boom in productivity, creative growth, and employee satisfaction.
Imagine each person entering your facility as a leader. Train them the skills to be effective leaders (communication, motivation, empathy, organization, etc), and watch them blossom. Witness firsthand the increase in company loyalty and productivity. Notice the influx of desirable job applicants. Experience the contentment of a workplace in harmony.
For more information on how the Front Line Leadership Program can transform your organization, contact Robert Winter at 832-483-5535 or fill out the contact form on our contact page. Impactful strategies for successful leaders start at Front Line.